Chris is an experienced trainer with solid practical experience in:
- quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) for purchasing and product development,
- quality requirements and laboratory tests on product and material,
- manuals and instructions for procurement and production,
- production and quality management on the work floor at the manufacturer,
- sustainability and circularity of textiles and clothing and
- effective communication on quality with the producer.
Chris teaches at the Amsterdam Fashion Institute and TMO/Detex and he is a specialist at the NEN for standards development within the Netherlands and Europe, in the field of (circular) textiles. He also organises the international event the Circular Textile Days. In employment and on a project basis, he has worked for companies such as Trend Fashion, Varitex, Baruch, Oilily, Asics and Just Brands. For five years, he lived in countries, such as Morocco, Indonesia and Macedonia, to supervise production.