José Koopman is a passionate textile engineer with more than 25 years of experience in the garment and textile sector. After years of purchasing experience at Hema and Modana-Laimbock, she has been running Koopman-works, which focuses on sustainability in the textile industry, for 15 years. What sets José apart is her focused focus on practical and commercially viable solutions for businesses.
Within Koopman-works José offers various services:
- Advising on the transition to sustainable garment and textile production.
- Guiding start-ups in establishing their sustainable brand.
- Training that focuses on sustainability opportunities, such as sustainable materials, circularity, working conditions, and relevant certifications.
- Preparatory training for certifications such as GOTS, OCS, and GRS.
- Training for textile manufacturing companies in Africa, South America, Asia and the Balkans, focusing on transition to more sustainable textile production, meeting European requirements, and export readiness.
With a passion for her profession and extensive experience, José is a valuable trainer and advisor for anyone striving for sustainability and success in the textile industry.